10 years later, still the same. What's wrong with me?

I'm 28 years old, 5'2" and have been a size 5/small since my freshman year of high school. Since then, I've had two kids, I don't always eat healthy, I love my midnight oreos, and I rarely work out. I've lost muscle and gained a little bit more fat, but I'm still in a size 5 and am only about 5 lbs heavier than I was over 10 years ago. I don't want to be fat, but I would like to put on a few pounds to turn into muscle and its quite annoying that I can't. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a huge ass worm inside of me or something because my metabolism should've burned out a long time ago, so I don't believe all of that mumbo jumbo crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Wait 2 years.... the midnight oreos will soon be your demise!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Exercize for muscle
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Just wait, it'll catch up to you. I was in your same boat, then I turned thirty, and then forty ... need I say more?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• What is the question?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Protein.... Muscle weighs more than fat. There are also good protein powders that you can make smoothies etc out of and that should help your muscle mass. If you continue to eat oreos, you will end up the same size but flabby and full of cellulite. A size 5 is great, but strong is the new sexy......

google and you will find a lot of resources...

http://www.jcdfitness.com/2010/02/the-muscle-building-guide-for-women/ This looked like a good article.

You know, a lot of women are so the opposite of you. You are fortunate to be so petite.  It is easier to gain....     hugs.....

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Yep just wait. Never gained til my 30's now 40 and really have to watch what I eat and work out to stay fit
    sally1973

Answer by sally1973 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• age is on your side .... for now
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I don't think anything is wrong with you (I'm not a doctor though, but I am in the process of becoming a personal trainer & currently a Beachbody Coach). I would have to agree it is definitely an age thing and probably just a very high metabolism. (I'm the same way) I have a fitness program that actually gains and builds the muscles in your body called BodyBeast, along with numerous other ways to tone up and just get muscles. Feel free to PM me anytime you want & good luck!
    BraydinsMommy09

Answer by BraydinsMommy09 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2013