What is the temp in your house as the kids get ready for school?

It was 58 inside this morning, and I had hell getting the kids out of bed. "it's too cold, mommy". I was in a coat and hoodie myself and cold.

I beg dh to turn on the heat just to warm it up a little for them to get dressed. He has the heater set to only come on when it falls below 50 inside. He claims I'm spoiled and that people who live up north have it even colder inside and their kids get up without complaining its cold.

So. Help settle this......whats the typical temp in your house in the winter when you wake your kids up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Home & Garden

• 69. But my ex was like your husband, he never cut the heat on except for like an hour during the day and an hour at night - I hate that my kids still have to go over there!

Answer by missanc at 10:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• we have ours set at 72 I think
    I freeze if it's colder than that- but I grew up and spent most of my life in hot climates (phoenix/ Vegas/ southern California mostly)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• shit! it was 75 in here lol dh and ds were complaining about it being too hot...when my dd goes to school i keep it on 65 b/c my ds stays hot
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• *it might be set to 68 at night though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Mine's set at 70 in the AM. It's usually around 68 at night. I get up before my girls & turn to about 70. Where it stays until around 9 or 10 am. Then, it usually goes back to 68 unless one of us gets cold.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• about 70
    I think it is recommended that you keep it at 68
    Do you know where the thermostat is? Bump it up and be done with it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:32 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• He'd hear it turn on and just goes right in there and turns it off. We'll end up in a huge fight too.

" you're so spoiled. It's only 40 degrees outside. Go put more clothes on. I ain't gonna have a 200 dollar electric bill. There's people out there who don't have heat. You think they complain as much as you" - that was my lecture this morning.

I'm showing him this as proof we are freezing our children in their home. God, if my littlest one goes to school and tells them we lack heat, I'll die of embarrassment.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Mine never drops below 72.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Do any of you live in cold climates?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• No, I live in TX. And, I'm on the 2nd floor. So my heat usually only runs at night & in the morning. If I leave it on around 70 during the day, it may never kick on.

But, I've lived in upstate NY. And, I never had the heat on less than 68 degrees after having my 1st child. Who lived there her 1st year of life.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2013