I'm SOOO sick of calling companies and getting someone on the phone for which English is not their 1st language

Who's with me?
I had to call FedEx to have my son's stool sample picked up (yummy). I'm trying to give this guy my address. Part of it is the word South. He kept getting it wrong
"Such?"
'Sow?"
"Sock?"
"Sot?"
I just kept repeating south,south,south SOUTH!!!!!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Just for Fun

• i know how you feel! i had to call about our satellite and the lady kept saying "i don't see a greenville in alabama" i said "no shit lady b/c i'm not saying GREEN ville..." and i hung up. i refuse to talk to anyone that can't speak clearly
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I always ask for someone who can understand and speak English. I don't care how bitchy I sound.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Me too, sometimes it is better to spell it out lol but not always.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:29 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Eh, it's the way it is. I worked for a call center and we also outsourced to Jamaica. Most people would hang up if they couldn't understand and then call back hoping to get someone that they could. Of course they'd be pissed off beyond belief by the time I got their call... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I joke that every call I make goes to someone that I cant understand. I'm pretty blunt about telling them I have no clue wth they are saying.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Bahahaha. I called T-Mobile the other day and spoke with "Luigi". I find it odd than an Italian had an Indian accent.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• You CAN ask for an American representative. I read somewhere that if you ask, they are required to give you someone in the US.
    That's one reason I stay with Comcast. Yes they are expensive, but all the call centers are here in the US, and they pay their reps very well! US jobs! YAY!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I agree. It does get annoying. Usually for things that aren't earth-saking, I just sort of sigh and put up with it. But when my ex husband had heart trouble, he was assigned a doctor from India. We couldn't understand anything the doctor said or make ourselves understood. I finally requested a different doctor, and the hospital staff treated me like the most awful hater in the world. The ombudsman told me the doctor was one of the best around, and exceptionally smart, and blah, blah, blah. I said that all might be true, I didn't doubt it, but we couldn't understand each other, and it was my husband's heart, damn it! We had to be able to communicate.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I spell it out
    S like south
    O like omaha
    U like up
    T like Thomas
    H like hang

I am going to try asking for aan english speaker next time or a US person.
    I have a hard enough time doing something on the computer without the language barriers.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I'd just spell it out if they don't get it the first time!

but YES it is annoying
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2013