Just curious

Following the Christian philosophy, if you happen to be born in a country that practices say Buddhism, you are going to hell? Unless of course a missionary makes it to you and saves you. How can Christians say they are "right" when it comes to religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because they are inherently arrogant.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:52 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Depends on the flavor of "Christian". The more fundamentalist "Christ is the only way" sects. YES and it is as FFA said. They are inherently arrogant,egotistical, and hypocritical.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Just because they believe themselves to be right, doesn't mean they ARE
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:57 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Can't say I've ever heard that one. How can where you are born dictate whether you go to Hell?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Not all of us are like that....but op, a missionary can't "save" you, only God can. that is how I believe anyway, to me, it is right, to you it's not. But see, there is a difference between us, I don't get on here talking smack about whatever it is you believe in.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I am not talking smack about anything. I am just curious about the subject and what others think. I didn't think I stated my view one way or the other. I didn't mean a missionary could save you. I meant they could deliver the word of God to those who otherwise would never receive it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• How can Christians say they are "right" when it comes to religion?

That's not a "Christian" thing. Just about everyone thinks they are right...whether they are Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Atheist, etc., etc., etc. If you didn't believe it was right, why would you practice (or not practice) it?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Yet I never said what I believed in, did I? My main reason for the question is asking about those who are never exposed to God and what happens after they die. Different denominations of Christianity even believe different things. It's bizarre to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I'm Christian (Catholic) and anymore I more go along with my own belief system. Personally, I believe that all those gods are the same one...just called by a different name. So, to me, it truly makes no difference where you are born.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I've always wondered the same thing. I think every religion thinks that their higher being is THE higher being. But if there is a God, I would agree with Keeley. That they are all the same god, just known by different names.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2013