Explain...No more eggs, but still having periods.

My friend is in her late 30s. Her doctor told her she no longer has eggs so it's impossible for her to have anymore kids. She's still having her periods. I'm not understanding why she would be having her periods but no eggs.

Having to go anon on this, sorry, for privacy reasons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Are you sure he said no more eggs? Maybe he could have said no Good eggs? I know you can have bad eggs not be able to have a kid because of that but still getting your periods.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:06 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Unless her ovaries were removed, she still has eggs. Either the Dr. is a quack or she misunderstood him.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:12 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• no more eggs at 30?!
    something not explained correctly to her by doctor
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:15 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• She's 37. I'm certain she misunderstood or is lying. I'm boggled by this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Ok at the age of 35 I was told by a doctor that my eggs were no good and that I would never be able to conceive again. My eggs are lot older than my physical age. I think she misunderstood him probably he just said you have no more viable eggs and she understood that she has none left. Is a difficult situation finding out that the baby you wants so much is not going to happen so she probably was just in a fog after the news. I know I was.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• ^^^Anon, Not to insult you but if you had seen a Reproductive Specialist then through IVF they can sort out the eggs that are viable & not viable & you can conceive with a high probability. Without having eggs removed there is absolutely NO WAY a Dr. can tell you that you have no viable eggs without being 100% sure. It just takes money since Insurance does not cover most of the fees. I speak from experience.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I said I didn't mean to insult but I guess I did. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• Second anon you didnt insult me I was just trying to explain everything I went thru and that it was not just a regular doctor that told me that. Sorry if I sound it bitchy or offended when I post my reply.

Anonymous

• Tell your friend she needs a new doctor!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2013