Does anybody's child experienced febrial seizure?

My son is 14 and a half months old and recently he suffered a febrial seizure.We took him to ER where all the checkups were done including the CTScan and bloodwork. I am not able to understand that why it happened because neither his temperature was too high nor he has any family history of seizures. What are the chances that he could get another one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did you take him to the hospital when this happened?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• well to have a FEBRILE seizure, you have to be running a fever. did a doctor diagnose this? if so, it's time for a new doctor. maybe they can find out why he had a seizure

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/febrile_seizures/detail_febrile_seizures.htm

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• My dd had one when she was 2. She was fine when I put her to bed, then my mom was babysitting & called & said she was having seizures & was on the way to the hospital. The dr. told me that it's caused when their temp spikes too high too quickly, & that since she had one, there was a poss. that she could have another, but that she would grow out of them by around age 5. Dd never had another one, (she's almost 15 now) but everytime she was even slightly warm when she was younger, I'd have her stripped down, w/ a cold washcloth on her head, & always had childrens motrin on hand, since they said that was the best thing to reduce the fever.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 2:03 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• this must of been so scary for you
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• My son had one when he was about 4. The doc said everything was ok and did all the same scans too. It was because of fever at the time, but the doc was concerned because of his age. Luckily he didn't have one again and yes they are super scary. Just make sure to keep the internal temp down. Lots of popcicles and such.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2013