Do you secretly prefer one child over your other(s)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• Depending on if one is in a bad mood you better believe it. Both in a good mood I love them just the same.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I only have one. So yes?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• It goes back and forth. I love them for completely different reasons, and sometimes one kid is just being a pain in the left butt cheek, making his brother look good in comparison. But do I love one more than the other, consistently, no. They're too different to feel that way about.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Sometimes I fear that I do. Which makes me feel so guilty.
    Anonymous

• yep. they are at differently completely stages, they are completely different kids, and at times i like one more than the other. but its back and forth and i dont feel bad about it. i dont let them know. i can do things with my oldest that i cant do with my youngest, there are things i can do with my son that i cant do with my DD.

i love them the same tho. if i truly loved one more than the other, then i would feel bad.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• i used to when they were smaller. i found that i always favored the baby (not my youngest, just whichever one was a baby at the time) because i love infants. though i tried my best not to show it of course, and they were always treated the same. now that they're older, they equally get on my nerves LOL!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• They each have different things to offer in way of personality & interests. There's something unique to love about each one of them. They all share an equal spot in my heart.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I do not thinks so. I do think that I like and love them differently because they are different people. But you can like and love diferently and still equally.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I love them both equally. I might prefer spending time with one over the other sometimes (puberty is hell!), but even then, I still love them both. And I never treat them any more differently than I have to. The older one might have more privileges because he's older, but there's not one that gets punished more than the other (unless they are deserving of it), or gets special treatment in any way.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• No because they exhibit the best and worse of my own id so I like both of them equally for different reasons.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2013