3rd baby?

how do you know if your ready to start trying for #3, or any additional child?

I know that no one is totally 'ready' but i just want to make sure that we are ready to add another precious child to our family!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• we want a 2nd child. when we first started talking about a second baby we asked our selves-can we financially handle another one and can we physically handle all that goes with it.
    financially no we cant. and we cant physically because my son has "issues" that requires him to have at least 2 appointments a week. plus specialist etc etc. plus i dont think i could handle a 2 year old BOY and a newborn :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• prepare yourselves... the move from 2 kids to 3 is the hardest one... three kids have you outnumbered. 2 parents, 2 hands to hold, 2 laps to sit on... but after you master #3, numbers 4, 5, heck, and 6 are no problem at all. what's one more, after you've got that third one figured out! good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 6:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I knew I was ready because the test was positive.

I have three boys all within 33 months. The last two were "surprises" (they are 11 months apart). They all have issues and challenges. The oldest receives OT twice a week and is being evaluated for Asperger's and ADHD. My second receives speech therapy twice a week and OT twice a week. He's being evaluated for PDD-NOS.

My third has a severe speech delay and receives speech therapy twice a week.

The oldest also had preschool each afternoon, the second twice a week in the mornings and the youngest is starting a peer group once a week to help with his speech.

I'd have another in a heartbeat if I could.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I never knew I'd want 3. Always knew 2.I felt like is it okay for me to have 3? But my heart ached baby for a whole year non stop never quit wasn't a phase.So I went for it and so happy I did!
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• only you know that
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2009