Party at an indoor pool....?

My Child (6) was invited to an indoor pool party at a place that teaches swimming too (not during the party). My Child cannot swim. Should we go or not since I can't go into the pool because I have to bring my baby too? Isn't it too deep for a child that can't swim? WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would not go unless I would be able to jump in and save my kid if something happened. Pools make me very, very nervous and I don't trust anyone but myself to watch over DD when it comes to pools that are more than 2-3' deep.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• A lot of those places have shallow pools. They know not all kids will know how to swim and can accommodate them. If you are concerned, maybe call the place and ask them about their procedures and questions about the pool.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Do you have a swim vest or floaties? She should be okay if she's wearing those.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• out. I would find a sitter for the baby ( heck I took my babies in the pool)

I was going to say they MAKE swim diapers for babies. Invest in some and take the baby into the pool too.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Many of those places also have the same life jackets that they use when teaching kids to swim and there will be a lifeguard (or two) on duty.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• There are shallow ends and usually lifegurads come with the package. You could find out. I would find a sitter for the baby ( heck I took my babies in the pool) This might be the best introduction to swimming your child has.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• What they all said. And Dardenella's right, you could even take your baby in. I had mine in the water with me when she was a few months old. There are lifeguards, and if you are worried, which I usually am because I can't physically watch my daughter in the pool unless I'm right there with her and that cramps her style now, consider taking someone with you whose only job is watching your daughter. A teenager, a family member, a friend you can chat with. Then you'll know someone has their eyes on your kid every moment, or at least someone can take the baby in a split second if you need to help your daughter.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Yes, OK, I'll call. Good idea!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Take the baby and go with your child! All of my kids were in the water from age 6 months on. They never really had many lessons until much later when they joined swim team. They just basically taught themselves and have been little fish since they were tiny. It would be great for your 6 yr old and the baby.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I take my baby to the pool, we all stay in the shallow end.
    There are lifegaurds on duty, right?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:16 AM on Mar. 6, 2013