WHAT EXACTLY IS "CHANGE MANAGEMENT"? I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT.

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 6:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its when all you have is change to manage because your money is gone.
    Anonymous

• OKAY, NOW THAT'S FUNNY, I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It is a management tool. Please see the attached link.

http://www.strategy-business.com/resilience/rr00006

What can be said for change management for a company, can also be said for a country.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Read your source.
    Doesn't apply to the fiasco Mr. Obama is unleashing on the American Taxpayer and/ or people who love what America has always stood for.
    America is not a corporation.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• did read my source and know this very well. The principles apply directly. Change does not happen overnight. And running a country and running a corporation is not far off the mark IMO. Is there not a budget to balance? Money to manage? People who are against what the company/country are doing, and who are/are not impacted by the change? I feel it fits perfectly.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• WELL, HERE'S A WRENCH TO THROW INTO YOUR MODEL:

40 % of the people in the company won't be showing up to work on Monday, and the other 60% are

P****D!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• But when you run a company you can fire the unproductive employees! Are the American people going to get "fired" under Obama? Can the American people fire their "boss?" And companies (even the non-profits) ALL want to make money...Obama's company just wants to spend whatever "profits" they have and force those who "brown bag it" (save their money) to share their lunch and/or lunch money with those who "forgot" theirs!
    Anonymous

• Im sorry if you disagree - but I stand by my analogy. People are expecting change to just "happen" overnight. It doesn't work that way. Sorry if you cant see that. Your entitled to your opinion, I to mine. The question was asked what it was, and I gave the answer.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I guess I just don't understand type of good "change" will be created by increasing anyone's taxes.
    However, all those taxes do take care of a lot of people who expect something for nothing.

If the government increases my business's taxes, how will that help people who WANT to work?
    I won't have a job for them, because business taxes are so high, I won't hire someone new if I can get around it. But, if I'm not hiring new people, this also means the company isn't growing.
    Companies can't grow if they're taxed to death.
    It's a fact.
    Now, what kind of change were you speaking of?..........
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Mustbegrace, I feel like you knew a bit about this when you posted the question. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2009