If your kids were in the care of your ex, and he called you, would you answer?

or better yet, called 3 or 4 times?

i am asking because ive been trying to get a hold of mine and hes not picking up, just to be a complete asshole. but how does he know that someone isn't ill or in the hospital? how does he know im not calling to inform him about an emergency regarding the kids?

i guess i shouldnt expect much out of the man that sees his kids once a week IF he feels like it. but if it were me, and they were with him, i would answer the damn phone.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• If my kids were in the care of anybody, I would answer the phone when that person called, period. It's irresponsible of your ex not to.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Yes, I would. Been there. Done that. It gets a lot easier when the kids are a little older, and one of them has a cell phone. Then they can call or text if they need some mommy time, and you can call them to be sure they are ok...

Hang in there.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Yes I would.
    Document everything.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• When it comes to kids their needs to be communications no matter how much hate there is. At least prepare the kids to let you know whats going on. The stress of not knowing whats going on is horrible
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Of course. My ex and I text unless its something that needs to be discussed. Then we write letters because he doesn't have email. If we talk over the phone it just turns into an argument. Texting does too sometimes.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Been there too. it would drive me crazy. But I have learned you cant call for every tiny little thing. Only the important things.
    sally1973

Answer by sally1973 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Maybe he's busy or out of range. Leave a message.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Yes, I would.

Answer by Bmat at 5:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• How old are the kids? Maybe you can get the oldest a cell phone. I would want to be able to contact my kids no matter what.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I would at least answer to see if everything was ok with the kids. Talk to the kids if they wanted to talk to me. If none of that was happening, I would say. Good bye.

Answer by louise2 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2013