Do you have a neighbor like this?

one that goes on and on and on and ON AND ON AND ON about things you care not to discuss? she starts talking to me about work and just does not quit. literally, im not exaggerating, she will talk for 15-20 minutes straight while im politely trying to hint that im not interested. and its not a conversation because that requires two people talking, it's just a long soliloquy that i cannot escape no matter what i do. i suppose i could cut her off or walk away but that would be rude. makes me want to run and hide when i see her. and to make it worse- all the kids were running amok outside and it was hard to focus on them while she was yakking in my ear about nonsense.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Mine bitches how her husband is so lazy even though he works and she'll go back to bed and sleep all day once she gets her kid on the bus. She expects her husband to do all the housework,yardwork,and help the kid with his homework and bath while she watches tv. Oh,she doesn't work outside the home.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Im at a point in my life where I would be rude and walk away. It's likely she wouldn't even notice, but just keep talking...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I have a sister like that. When she calls I'm on the phone for an hour or two, and usually my side of the conversation is "uh huh, hmmm, oh, ok, really? .. . " Wow,can she talk. I love her to death, though, so I don't mind. She usually tipsy, so she's really funny.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 7:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Aww she sounds lonely... what if you asked really personal questions to her? It usually turns most people off. Most of my neighbors are mean and keep to themselves by default. The most unfriendly neighborhood ever but I guess it's better than having a neighbor like yours.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I have no problem talking to my neighbors. Maybe I'm lonely lol but I enjoy most people unless they are jerks. I told to the old man across the street the most. I can't complain about my neighbors... Family for sure though lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Mine rambles on about the dope smoking kids in the house across the street and their supplier who lives two doors down. Oh and what a sorry parent their mom is because she allows them to do drugs. Every fricking day I get to listen to a twenty minute rant. On the other hand she is the neighborhood watch leader, but really enough is enough.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I don't really talk to alot of my neighbors. I'll say hi and nod if I see them out or something, but I don't really go to anyones house just to talk. I do have one "neighbor" I talk to, but he lives about two blocks down from me. And, thanks to recent, unrelated events in both of our lives, I won't be going to his house to talk to him any time soon.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Give her a diary as a present! She needs somewhere to vent besides your ear! And if she starts yakking, walk away. You know, you hear a kid screaming or the phone ringing or see Jehovah's Witnesses up the block or whatever.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I had a neighbor like that before I moved. I met her when I was 10. You can say "hello" to her and that's the end of it. You'll be stuck there for an hour listening her tell you ALL about her health, her husband's health, and all the cockamamie crap that enters her head. She was bat shit crazy too.

My neighbor now is not quite that bad. SHE'LL at least get the hint after about 20 minutes that I need to go get MY stuff done.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2013