Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What is wrong with me or is it just in my head?

8 years ago I had my last child. My doctor then said that she would see me within 10 years for a hystorectomy for endometirosis. I figured she was right why not she had been my doctor for years who knew me better than the woman that had seen the inside of me. I have had pelvic pain for at least that long or longer. I always assumed it was that reason for the pain. I had seen multiple doctors for the same reason. I had a lap 2 years ago and the doctor, at the time found some scar tissue and my ovary attached to my abdominal wall. He did not notice any endo. I still suffered from the pain, however, not as bad as before. I switched doctors and was asking for a hysterectomy. she did not perform one but did try other options. She said that she doubted that it was endo since the previous doctor had not cited any. she put me on Depo provera and although it did stop the pain, I was unable to continue it. I bled the entire time on it. Since stopping, I have not bled any. that was 7 months ago. we discussed the pain issue and this past tuesday, she performed another lap. This time it was just a diagnostic one. she told my family that she found nothing; not even scar tissue. I have had 3 c sections back to back. I expected her to find something to explain my pain. I am scheduled to see her in 2 weeks for a follow up and now that I am certain that it is not endo, what is wrong with me. I have always assumed that was why i was hurting and there really wasnt anything I could do about it. Has anyone else had any issues like this. I have research PCOS and fibromyalgia. i just want a name so I know what it is.

Answer Question

Asked by sammy3 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Health

Level 2 (11 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Bleeding on Depo the whole time wasn't smart as it exacerbates endometriosis. No fibroids either? Maybe you need an x-ray from your primary care doctor to make sure nothing was left inside you after your c-sections! I'm half joking but perhaps the primary guy has an opinion that may not be OB related? What kind of pain are we talking about in your abdomen? Same pain as for endometriosis? And it's been 8 years? Could it be an allergy to something causing abdominal pain or have you been on antibiotics long term?

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

  • Ouch. how frustrating. If it were me, I would get a referral to a highly recommended specialist who deals with these sorts of problems. My experience with the medical field has left me with a not so favorable opinion.    Keep going until you get answers. Good Luck....

       I would also look into accupucture and other natural healing remedies to try and ease your pain.   



    Answer by LeJane at 8:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

  • I've had pelvic pain my whole adult life. If you can, find a pelvic pain specialist or a clinic with people who specialize in pelvic pain. I found a place and have been trying physical therapy, local anesthetics, Valium suppositories, all sorts of things. There are options for you.

    Answer by Ballad at 1:05 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.