Bad timing- I need your positive thoughts, prayers, energy please.

I was told in Oct. that our 13 y/o lab-sheppard mix had cancer & that she could act fine until the end. Well, I think the end is near. (she's not acting right & had an accident that is not caused by any infection) My son & dau both have B-days in the next 2 weeks. I don't know what I'll do if this dog passes so close, or Heaven forbid, ON one of their B-days. I just need her to hold on a little longer. :(

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Pets

• The day before she would have gone out of state with my ex, she guided me for the last time--into the vet's office. She knew I would be having her euthanized, and she told me it was okay and what she wanted. Not in words, but in spirit. I firmlly believe that. Our pets know our hearts. Tell your dog you need her to hold out for another month, tell her how much you love her, and when it will be okay to let go. I can't guarantee anything, but when my ex was a kid, his dad snatched him and left the state. His dog waited till the day his mom finally got him back, and that night she died on his bed with him. I wish you the best.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• :( hugs momma. I'm so sorry.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• awwww....so sorry. maybe this is the beginning of the decline. You might call the vet and ask how quickly the process can take from this point? Maybe they have a ballpark?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Well, I am definitely pulling for her. She's in my thoughts and prayers, bless her heart.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I will keep a positive thought. ((((((HUGS)))))))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• hugs and prayers to you and your family
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Positive thoughts for your family and fur baby.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• hugs

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I am so sorry. I hope for the best for your family.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I hope she holds on, just do not leave her alone, have a warm blanket and heating pad available to her. when someone slips away they get cold. so sorry, Hugs
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2013