Could I be pregnant?

I have an IUD but my stomach has felt quesy lately and I was nautious the other morning. I have not been sick (the flu or any kinda bugs) but what are the chances I am pregnant with an IUD? My husband and I only have unprotected sex so that I know is taking a chance but are'nt IUD's a pretty sure thing???

NO BASHING!

Oh & I have had the IUD for about 1 year

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I believe that while the IUD is pretty foolproof, nothing is 100% - so yes, there is a chance, even if it's a super slim one.

I know the IUD affects everyone's periods differently - if you still get yours, are you late? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it just yet. If you are, then try taking a test. If it's positive, you need to see your doctor ASAP - my understanding is that it can lead to an infection, miscarriage, or birth defects if left in place while pregnant.

Of course, there are tons of reasons you could be queasy - it could be something as simple as food poisoning or a bug that's going around.

Good luck!!
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• thanks. I think the feeling (quezyness)-sp, has passed. I know it sounds tupid but I think it was just gas. But anyways thanks so much for the nice response.I was kinda expecting someone to type something mean saying I am an idot bu it was nice to see not everyones a troll on here.
    Anonymous