I am a 50 yr old women and i have very long hair I wash my hair every other day but here lately every time I wash my hair it looks greasy as though I haven't washed it in a long time. And I am very picky about my hair.

MRSPEGGYANN

Asked by MRSPEGGYANN at 10:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried rinsing with vinegar? That may help. Do you use the same shampoo and conditioner all the time? If so, I'd change to something else for a while preferably something without paraffin in it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Why do you have really long hair at this age ? It is better to wear a styled cut rather than having hair just hang there as we get older. I am just a year behind you so I am not calling you old...... I also have a Cosmetology degree :-)

What do you use for shampoo and conditioner ? How long do you rinse after each ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• PICS!!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• have you changed your diet? Try a dry shampoo?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I looove my argan oil shampoo & conditioner, followed by argan oil in damp hair before blow drying. My hair has never looked, or felt cleaner.. I can also skip a day of washing and it still looks and feels clean.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Do you use the sam sampoo and conditioner all the time? I have extremely oily skin and I have to change my shampoo every few months. I usually have three that I rotate through.
    It may help you and maybe not. GL.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• It may be the type of shampoo you use. I used to get the same result whenever I used Tresemme shampoos/conditioners. Now, I don't use it anymore. I think that brand would work well for frizzy or curly hair but mine is straight and it makes it look flat and dirty. It also depends on your hormone levels, menopause, etc. Don't wash with hot water, only warm water and use a quick cool rinse as the last rinse. This helps lock in moisture so that your hair doesn't overproduce oil b/c it's overly dry. Use volumizing mousse in your wet hair before you blow it dry. Use medium heat to blow dry only and finish with a cool blast of air. Don't dry it 100%, only about 80% and let the rest air dry so you don't over dry it. I like Suave Naturals, ColorVive and Herbal Essences. Use conditioner for colored hair because it usually contains UV protection.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Switch your shampoos and make sure one is a clarifying shampoo. I agree with Dardenella - I have 3 that I rotate too, different brands of shampoo/conditioner combos.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:20 PM on Mar. 1, 2013