Had a miscarriage a few days ago adult content

I was 18 weeeks pregnant, and had a "Spontaneous Miscarriage" ER said it was a completed miscarriage. But it's been a few days and Randomly I get these HORRIBLE cramps and with those cramps come more bleeding, and blood clots. Is this normal? Theres no foul smell, and I dont have a fever.

Micki-Cook

Asked by Micki-Cook at 1:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Sorry to hear about your loss, though I don't know about your symptoms, never had that happen.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 1:26 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Did you have a dnc? Maybe everything was not removed?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I would wait a could more days before getting alarmed. I am sorry for your loss.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I'm sorry for your loss. Please consider going to the doctor for a blood test to make sure your HCG levels have dropped to zero. Bleeding is probably normal, but elevated HCG levels could indicate that you are harboring materials from your pregnancy in your uterus, which can be dangerous. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I'm so sorry. I know you went to the ER, but you should follow up with a doctor.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:00 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I agree with the other ladies that you should probably follow up with your doc. Some bleeding is normal after a miscarriage, but I am more concerned with the cramping.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:46 AM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I have had two miscarriages, at a much earlier time than you. I would guess the cramping is from your uterus contracting back down to regular size. Follow up with your regular doctor and let them know what is happening, but I would guess if you aren't bleeding excessively, it is probably your body returning to "normal". I am so sorry for your loss.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2013