Bumping his head!!

My baby is sitting, crawling and standing but he bumps his head a lot. He scares me!! Seriously, what if he has brain damage?! How do you prevent these things?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honey its part of growing up. my little boy used to do it all the time and it was so sad because his forehead would be nothing but knots and bruises. your baby will be ok
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• first off you can't prevent it no matter how hard you try or want to..lol. they will always find something else to get into, on or under. i tried with my little girl. but your baby will be fine, its all part of them being curious and learning there limits.
    busymom_38001

Answer by busymom_38001 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Lol I agree. You can be like RIGHT there all the time and they'll still fall and bang their heads. I used to joke people were going to think I was hitting my baby cause she always had some bump or scratch or something.

Just do your best to keep sharp corners and dangerous stuff out of the way. I doubt a simple bump would cause brain damage, your kid would show symptoms like passing out, vomiting, lethargy, aloofness, crying, etc.

Good luck :)
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 7:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I know - its ridiculous! They have hard heads and soft bones so they bounce pretty well. Its hard to watch though! Don't worry about it too much. Do the best you can to provide a safe environment and then relax.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• that is apart of growing up and maturing.. kids bump their heads, or kick their feet.. if he's hurting himself when he's doing this, give your ped a heads up..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Get him a helmet! Just kidding. Sorry.

My little girl is the same and it took forever for me not to try to catch her every time. My fiance told me, "Get her a helmet or leave her alone!"
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 11:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2009