Saving money

I need help so bad to save money. I have such a hard time. I have so many different carts off of cloth diaper websites, Milanoo, etsy, ebay watch list, I look on craiglist all the time, zulily, carters, and of course hyenacart. lol thats a lot. advice please. I really want to save for my daughters education, get a car, and just to have money to lean back on in case of an emergency and to just say oh hey I have blah blah saved up. I no how to save and I am good at it. I am no where near that.

Pheiona L.

Asked by Pheiona L. at 4:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• What I do is every time I get paid I set aside a certain amount of my paycheck. I take it out of the bank (cause if its there it will get spent) and i have a tin i put it in. that way if there is an emergency i can get to it or I just do not use it until i have saved for what it is needed for. even if it is only a couple bucks it is better than nothing. another idea is to put all your loose change in a jar. it may take time to build up, but it can save a lot over the years.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:19 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Just put a certain amount in a savings account and for get about it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:46 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• If you know how to save and are good at it, then just do what you know.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I have a set amount taken from my paycheck every 2 weeks and make it on what is left, and sometimes find more savings from what is left and add that to savings.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• 1) Set up an auto-savings account with your bank. It automatically deducts an amount on a regular basis into a connected savings account. 2) Think deeply about the reasons why you buy something. Do you really need it or is it connected to a psychological reason (I want my kids to look cool, I feel ashamed making my own lunch, etc.) 3) Play around with an online savings calculator so you can see how much you could save if you cut back in some areas. 4) Set up a free UPromise.com account. It saves up money or your children's college expenses absolutely for free every time you shop. You need to register your credit cards and grocery store shopping cards to it. You can also download a toolbar that alerts you on discounts, cashback and extra bonus college money every time you shop online from a website.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• From what your other posts say, you have an infant- you're still buying diapers. You don't need a college fund TODAY. Just keep saving, and no matter what don't touch the $$. Give the account numbers to your parents or something so you can't access it on a whim and go shopping!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I save my loose change in a jar and put it in the bank about once a year, which adds maybe $75 to my daughter's college account. I was saving fifty dollars a month, but when I had to stop that, I just resolved not to touch the account no matter what. Also, thrift stores are your friends!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• save as much as u can
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2013