Do you keep your babies things once they have out grown them?

What do you do with your childs things when they dont use them anymore or outgrew them? I live in a studio, but I dont know wether to keep my daughters things for future children or sell them to have some extra emergencie money.

Pheiona L.

Asked by Pheiona L. at 4:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• I have one rubbermaid bin of clothes that i loved and can not bear to part with and we kept the big stroller at my moms house, but got rid of everything else either to friends or sold. we are in an apartment and have no room.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I kept a few things.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:42 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• When I knew I was having more kids I kept the clothes. When I was done I kept a few special things from each of my babies and donated the rest.

Answer by missanc at 5:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Depends. Are you single? Do you plan on having more kids soon(with in the next couple of years)?

Answer by louise2 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• My suggestion is to decide on how much space you can devote to it. Choose one small plastic bin, for instance, and keep special things in it. I tended to keep more from when she was an infant for her future possible kids. As my DD gets older, her clothes have become a little more trendy and worn out by the time she out grows them. I go through the container as it gets full and edit what I keep to make room for pieces I want to add.

If you save a few key things you want to pass on and share with her, they will mean a lot and they won't take up much valuable space and you can consign or give away most of the rest without guilt. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) is in the basement. Clothes, toys, furniture...it's all down there. DD is now 7 and she has always had way too many clothes and way too many toys, so you can imagine how much space it is taking up. I need to do something with it all, but it's so overwhelming!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I did with my first son to use with my second. Now that I'm pretty sure I'm done having children, I donated them.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I kept my things until we were sure we weren't going to have any more kids. Then I got rid of everything, and we got pregnant again :( LOL
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Not anymore. I was glad I did when I got pregnant with my second daughter because she was born 4 days apart from my oldest daughter so I was able to use a lot of her clothes. Once I found out I was having a boy, all but a few sentimental clothes got donated or given away.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I keep stuff. Not a lot and even less now that he's older. I want another someday plus I couldn't bear to part with certain things.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2013