Do you feed the critters in your yard?

Birds,squirrels?

I made a "squirrel basket". I used a bungee cord to tether a basket to the tree to put the squirrel treats in there. Last week was unsalted peanuts and apples,this week it's stale crackers and bread.
I have a pair of squirrels that are SOOO cute. The male is a gray,and the female is black

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• We don't feed anything but hummingbirds because they are the only ones that cat can't catch!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:31 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• We used to have two big trees in our backyard at our last house. We put a bird feeder between them on a pole and squirrels would come and climb up the pole to eat the birdfood and chase the birds away. Our dog HATED the squirrels and would chase those. Never got one though.
    I haven't been feeding anything around here lately though. Maybe a birdfeeder for the front yard. I can have DD paint it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• UMMM yes well maybe
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:17 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• no, we only have stray cats. My parents have like 10 cats though. 3 indoor and 7 ferals
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• No To much work
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Nope. Not only would it bring the "cute" animals but it would also bring the coons, skunks, etc. If I could just feed the squirls I still wouldn't because it would then invite them into my garden and sample my corn, tomato's, etc. No thanks.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• We have several bird feeders.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:34 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Sorta...we live on about an acre that's almost surrounded by woods and fields, and I normally dispose of overripe fruit and veggies in the field which during this time of year is very active with birds. I wish I had a good camera...great spot for bird watching and deer spotting.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I used to feed the stray cats. Now before anyone freaks about hating on the strays let me say this. It was on a Military base in Italy and more than half of those cats or their kittens had been pets at one time and the sh*tty owners decided they couldn't take the cats with them when they went back stateside so just dumped the poor things out. I even found a bunny, A Bunny!!!! on base. So yes I fed the porr animals that were abandoned and didn't know how to hunt mice/birds etc. for themselves.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:40 AM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Yep! :-) We live in the country, so we have a variety of critters that come around. We have bird feeders and hummingbird feeders. I always make sure that I give our outside kitties a lot of food so that there is enough left over in case another kitty or bird or raccoon or possum or mouse or whatever would like some too. Heals of bread or stale bread gets thrown out...as does old fruits and vegetables...for the deer, bird, raccoon, possum, mouse, or whatever.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:48 AM on Mar. 1, 2013