a baby shower for your second pregnancy??

i have two beautiful 19 month old twin girls and i recently found out that i am 5 weeks pregnant with our third and last child. long story short, we live 3000 miles away from all family and friends, but i will be home for my entire pregnancy and birth (unlike with the twins). i really want a chance to make up for the fact that everyone missed out the first time. i was thinking of having a "Baby Sprinkle" instead of a baby SHOWER!..... get it? i have all of the major items, i just want to get together and celebrate the birth. what do you think?
did you or someone you know have a second shower??

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 7:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe after the baby is born you could do a welcome baby party. If you have aboy you will need clothes and you will always need diapers. Some people get really offened when you have a shower for a second child, unless they are really far apart. I had a shower for my second, and they are only 12 months apart. I got alot of clothes, but some people are funny about that. I personally see nothing wrong w/ a "baby sprinkle". Good Luck.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 7:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• with my first we live 900 miles away she was born in janurary and that may we went back home for a visit and my mom did a welcome greenlee party for all my family and friends too meet it was lots of fun and this way i got to have pictures of her with my family
    Anonymous

• I agree with the welcoming party!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i had a baby shower with all 3 of my kids. with my second it was a surprise and the third my friend wanted to throw me one just for the fun of throwing a baby shower i see nothing wrong with it especially if you need stuff for the baby.

jballentine

Answer by jballentine at 8:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• When I was growing up it was always a general rule that you only had a baby shower for your first pregnancy. But lately my family has been throwing babyshowers for second pregnancies as well and my in-laws have always thrown a babyshower for every baby whether it be your first or fifth so I think it just depends on the people. And if they weren't able to throw you a baby shower for your first i'm sure they wouldn't mind throwing one for your second pregnancy. With my twins I ended having a ridiculous amount of baby showers lol. All were much appreciated but my family is so spread out across the country that it had to happen that way. I think I ended up having 4 showers and now that i'm pregnant again they'll probably throw at least one for this baby.
    cs_1498

Answer by cs_1498 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2009