WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR ME

I JUST RECENTLY SAW MY CREDIT SCORES AND IM NOT SURE OF THIS IS AN ALRIGHT CREDIT SCORE!!

TRANS UNION : 604

EQUIFAX: 617

EXPERIAN: 639

I WAS BEFORE AT THE 500' LEVEL NOW IM AT 600 SO I DONT KNOW IF THIS MEAN I COULD APPLY FOR A CREDIT CARD NOW... :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Mar. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• i think the higher the number the better it is. only thing to do is to apply to a credit card.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Well, it means that your score has improved, but it's still a pretty low score. You *might* be able to get a credit card, but your best bet to do that would be a secured one, where you pay a certain amount to get the card, and that amount is your credit limit. If I were you, I'd probably keep trying to improve it more (pay off old debts, etc.) and try to raise it a bit higher before going for a credit card or a loan - keep in mind that every time a credit card or lender checks your credit score, it can drop your score, too.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:32 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• looks like you have a better score. Why would you go out and ruin your credit by getting a credit card?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Although it is a better score, it's still not great. I would follow the advice of the others and try to get your old debts paid off and any bills you have currently paid on time. You may be able to get a credit card now, but the interest rate will be astronomical and you'd probably have an annual fee as well.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Getting a credit card is actually a great way to improve your score as long as you pay it off every month. A secured card is a great idea, but at 600 you might be able to get an actual credit card just with a very low limit but they will raise the limit as you use the card and pay it off.

Answer by missanc at 12:36 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• There might be one out there willing to give you a shot. Anything below a 700 isn't good though.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• 600 something is better then 500 something. Best way to find out if you can get a credit card is to go apply for one. When we tried for one it was a Sears card. We tried tell they gave us one. Used it for like a year. Finaly go a Visa. Then we paid off tje Sears card and cut it up. We wanted a Visa. Can use it more places.

Answer by louise2 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I think you need to be a little higher than that because of all the trouble credit cards have had.
    I would stongly suggest not getting credit cards, or just getting one that you will use for emergencies or like for gas and pay it off immediately the next month.
    Cudos on raising your credit score.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• BTW typing in caps is hard on the eys and is considered screaming on the computer.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• STOP YELLING!
    Apply for one. Tell them you want a very low limit- like $500 or less.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2013