Anything you'd like to share about your 3rd pregnancy/child

How did it impact the older simblings? Anything that looks alike a big change in your life what you never thought of? I have heard about most motels ready for families of 4 but larger, trouble for getting deals going on vacation. Anything you could add to it?

kujus04

Asked by kujus04 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• He was the largest of our babies, weighing in at 9#15 1/2 ounces. He was not planned for, but he has been a wonderful blessing in our lives. Now at the age of 35, he is a daddy himself and gave us our 7th grandchild. His older brother and sister and he have a very close relationship, and though they sometimes disagree, they are always willing to help each other out. We always got one room and we just made it work.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Nothing you would like to know.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• My 3rd boy was an easy pregnancy, but had horrid colic for the first three months. He was born July 31, and the colic magically went away October 31... Since then he has been the happiest, most cheerful person you can ever imagine. He is close to his older brothers, and we got great deals on things like Disneyland Trips, etc even with 5 in the family. We were members of the teaching union, and got everything through them. Never an issue to have the 3rd kid.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Well, there sometimes is an issue with hotels once you have 3 kids because they typically have two beds & base everything on the actual number of people, not how you intend to sleep/use the space. We've never gotten more than one room but more like the hotel would send a rollaway bed & extra pillow for the 5th (I don't usually deal with the reservations or bill, but I'm pretty sure there's a charge associated with the rollaway, even though it wasn't OUR request), or provide a room that "accommodates 5" by having a pullout couch or something. Not exactly a big deal in our experience so far.
    My third child was only my 2nd pregnancy (#2 & 3 are twins) so it wasn't the same as "adding a third," exactly. There was only one older sibling, we were going from 1 child to 3, etc.
    Having 3 is special. My kids have strong conflict resolution skills because of their sibling experiences, and (being kids) they really know how to have fun!
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 1:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2013