Rental Cars - Return Times

Does anyone know how lenient they are with the return times on rental cars? I'm thinking just return it 2 hours before our flight and we should be good, but don't want there to be issues if we're a little early or a little late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Mar. 1, 2013 in Travel

• they wont care if you're early what so ever but if you're late they will charge you for a full day.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• oooh that sucks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• In all the times I've traveled I've ever rented a car. Next place I go I'll rent one! Bucket List!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• This will only be the second time I've rented one, and the first time in a place I'm totally unfamiliar with (last time I went home to see family.)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Just call them and ask them to change your expected return time. It shouldn't be a problem. I've had bosses that returned their rentals several hours late and never got charged extra. I've also done the same myself. As long as it's within the same day you had scheduled to return it, it should be fine.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Eh, if I don't have access to a phone I doubt that will help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I always give them my flight numbers when I reserve a rental. Then you have that window. When you pick it up, show them your itinerary.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:37 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Generally at an airport they are cool about it being a little late as long as they are still open to accept it. Early they don't care. Generally when renting from an airport they ask when your flights are though so that they know when to expect it to be back.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2013