Would you ever pull your child's loose tooth?

I just saw a video of a dad doing this and I don't think I could do it to my child(rem)

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• No. I'm too sqimish. They pull them themselves.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Once the tooth got to the "hanging by a thread" stage I did, but wouldn't attempt it before that.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• My husband could, but I couldn't. Teeth sick me out.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:47 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• My son lost his first tooth a couple weeks ago. It was about 10pm and he had already gone to bed when he came into our room and showed me. It was hanging by a thread and I was scared to let him sleep like that. It was too small for me to pull it so I gently pushed it back and forth until it finally slid out. It was pretty gross but we both handled it well lol. The 2nd one fell out just this past Wednesday while I was at work and Daddy had to deal with that one lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• My son always did it himself. He'd be eating lunch at school, he'd be annoyed that it was so loose he couldn't chew, and teacher would send it home in a bag. Like I seriously think he only ever lost 1 at home! LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:56 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I just did last Friday
    My son had an endoscopy and the doc knocked his baby tooth loose(which wasn't ready yet),and he came to me all bloodied and insisted I pull it,so I did. It was nasty

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Yes and I have done it many times though I prefer they do it themselves
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:15 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• When my daughters were younger I did. But only if it was barley hanging there or it was bothering them. Sometimes they would manage to do it on their own. And there has been a couple of occasions to where my youngest had 2 teeth knocked out. She tripped and fell and her mouth hit the wall (OUCH) and it popped right out. and another occasion to where she was playing pretending to be an animal when she was about 5 and bit her sisters jacket and got snatched out. They are 11 and 13 now.
    mfagnan

Answer by mfagnan at 3:16 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• no. i wouldn't allow my parents to do it to me when i was a kid, so i certainly wouldnt do it to my own.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I don't think I could. Why would you want to?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2013