*calls my house phone* "Where are you?"

"Are you out grocery shopping or something?"
"No,mom. I'm in the basement"
"Whose basement? What store has a basement?!"

I think my mom is losing it.
We do this at least once a week.
Either this,or she freaks out when I don't answer either phone,and will call each one about 10 times in a row
The other thing,which cracks me up everytime,is when she leaves a voicemail and thinks it's like an answering machine
"Tina? It's mom. Are you there? Are you there? Pick up. It's mom. Oh,well,I guess she's not home"
Know anyone technology impaired?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My mom can be that way too. She'll call my on my house phone and ask if I'm home. Or tell me she doesn't get "the new technology" meaning cell phones as she is calling me from hers. The lack of logic burns sometimes.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I will have to sit on hootie's bench.

DH calls cell and the the house phone and then the cell, it annoys the crap out of me and it is usually when I am in the bathroom. I mean gee give me a chance to get to the phone and call back or at least not have to run from one side of the house to the other.

My mon used to think call forward meant it would bust into your conversation or go on a loud speaker to get you on the phone now.
    Hi, It's mom, pick this phone up now, You better get your call forwarding checked it is not working again are you sure you are not there. Well I am going to sit right here until you call me back.

LOL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I'm not that bad, but I am kind of a techno-tard.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Yes I know people like this, my mother was one. I wonder how we will be when we are 'seasoned with age'. ; )
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I love this! I miss answering machines.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:24 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• No, my dad has a better phone than I do. And, even my grandparents are on FB. Actually, my grandpa bought my grandma an Ipad b/c she was weirded out by desk tops. And, they have Kindles too, they're 82.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I am technology impaired. And I'm only 48. My work is getting more and more technology, and I am feeling more and more confused. Got a smart board a few weeks ago, Haven't used it yet. I don't even know how to text. My DH and I have one cell phone for the 2 of us. I hardly ever use it. My choir students use it more than I do. I let them use it to call the parent that has forgotten to pick them up. I am very proud of myself though, yeasterday I figured out how to record a song onto garage band, and I even burned the song onto a CD, Yea me!!

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 3:01 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• My mom stalled somewhere around 1987. She finds VCR's confusing
    She's only 68

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2013