SPIN OFF: Graphic Sex Discussion

I see so many moms disgusted by what men expect from sex due to the availability of porn. And by what women feel like they have to do to "please their man".

What does this translate to for our kids? What will you tell them about porn and expectations for themselves and for their future partners? Are you willing to tell your sons that porn gives unrealistic exceptions? Are you willing to tell your daughters to have pride in themselves and to not do things that they feel demeaning?

How in depth are you willing to get in conversations about what is acceptable and what isn't? Do you even think it is the parent's place to discuss sexual issue/ porn usage and expectations with your children?

I am not as brave as blue, so anon it is for me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• I don't really plan on discussing porn with my girls, unless something happens & they accidentally see some.
    But, yes by all means, I plan on telling my daughter's to have pride in themselves and to not do anything they find demeaning or are not comfortable with.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Shit dude. I am not willing to think of my little babies watching porn. I will cry when they start getting chest hair, and I will hate every woman they date.
    Seriously though, I don't really think it's my place, because different things are ok in different relationships. Some couples are totally cool with porn, toys, role playing, whatever. Some aren't. I don't want to influence what my kids will be into or what they should expect their partners to be into or not into.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I rather NOT discuss with my children on how to have sex...

As for porn if the topic came up I will do my best to talk about it. But I wouldn't talk about it willingly
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• When my DD gets to the age where kids become interested in sex, I will talk to her about porn and how unrealistic it usually is, because I want her to know that before she becomes exposed to it. I don't know how uncomfortable it'll be, but I think it's really important to know that when you do have sex, you're supposed to be active in choosing what to do, and your enjoyment is important. That, and never fake an orgasm, because it's rewarding bad behavior.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Hi- have we met?

I can talk to anyone about sex. It's my job.

My son is 18, and believe me, he knows what's what. Although he's still a virgin, probably because I terrified him. LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:51 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I will talk to my kids when I feel it is age appropriate all about sex including pornography, self image, self respect as well as respecting your partner.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:55 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• My sons have heard about porn and sex since it was just about their body. Porn is either a tool or a just something you watch I told them their lives would either be better or different porn is someone else's fantasy they understood. Talking about sex made them comfortable and responsible for their own orgasm and for whom they have sex with.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• If my son was neuro-typical,we'd be having quite the in depth conversations regarding these subjects. We shall see how it goes regarding this an his autism.
    I'd be telling him that porn is fake. To not treat women like those sluts in the movies,to treat her like a lady. That women typically can not take a 12 in penis up her anus,and to not assume she will want anal at all. that women are not screaming out in ecstasy from being pounded for 30 min straight in every position imaginable,that she's not dying to blow you every minute of the day,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Girls should be taught to not dress like a slut just because guys like it,or to give in to his every whim for fear of losing him,to not lose her self worth,to leave something to the imagination

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• I have no problem talking to my kids about sexual issues, porn included. Considering they have smart phones, we had a long talk about what was/was not okay for them to access (yes I go through their phones). They are still only in middle school so I haven't gone in depth but I will tell them what I think of porn. They will have to make up their own minds but from birth I have been teaching them to respect themselves and their bodies - my sons and daughters.

Answer by missanc at 5:09 PM on Mar. 1, 2013