Is your religion (belief system, moral philosophy, whatever) ever wrong?

In what way(s)?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:29 PM on Mar. 1, 2013 in Religious Debate

• yes we are human yes its wrong sometimes ....
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Not for me!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• LOL, this is funny to me, since I don't have a set religion. I have some spiritual leanings, believing reincarnation *may* be possible. And, prefer the term Agnostic for myself, since I believe a force *may* exist in a completely non-biblical/scientific sense. But, I suppose I could be wrong.  So, therefore, all of that could be wrong. Which I'm okay with.  I'm just human & not arrogant enough to believe that I know the absolute truth.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:35 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• "wrong" as in bad things happening to good people in the cycle of life,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• No, never.
    The end.
    :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:46 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Is my religion ever wrong... well, that is an interesting question really. In fact this question is what has lead me to not associate myself with any one denomination. I can't find a specific religion/denomination that fits my beliefs. If I were to associate myself with one or another than I would have to answer this question as 'yes, *to me* I feel they are wrong about ____.' So I can say that I am 100% sure that my religion is right... according to *my* beliefs. That is what belief is 'Something one accepts as true or real; a firmly held opinion or conviction.'
    Anonymous

• I haven't seen any evidence of it being wrong yet, but that doesn't mean it can't be.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• "Wrong" is kind of a complicated thought. Much of my religion, or any religion, comes down to how different people interpret the same set of instructions, so to speak. Since nobody can know the complete truth, if the complete truth is even the same for everyone in the end, then there isn't really any way to know who's right or wrong at this point. Answering a question like this seems kind of like trying to nail Jell-O to a wall.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:39 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Yes sometimes my way of believing things in regards to people, situations, life, the world etc is wrong. When this happens I learn from it and my beliefs grow and evolve.
    Sometimes it's not about being wrong but about seeing things in a different way.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• in terms of the afterlife, i think we're all wrong. or not "wrong" but we're all guessing, i should say. how can anyone claim to know what (if anything) lies ahead of us when we have yet to discover it for ourselves?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2013