will i know when im in labor?

Ive been hearing stories from people about how they were in labor and didn't even know it. What is the chance of this happening? because for the last 24 hours ive had a constant pain in my stomach but its nothing that starts and stops. its consistant so it cant be timed. . Just curious

mandar

Asked by mandar at 7:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe at the beginning its unknown, but you will certainly know as labor progresses.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I would call your doctor and ask about the pain, because I had strong menstrual like cramps that were consistent, not able to time anything, and I was in pre-term labor.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• for some woman (rare) they dont know when they are in labor. my aunt thought she had to go to the restroom(#2) sorry if TMI.. but when she went to go "to the abthroom" her babys head was comming out..so she ended up laying on the floor and giving birth to him with only cramps.
    Anonymous

• I was the same as CarolynBarnett. I had cramps that felt like menstral cramps and when I went to a regular pre-natal appointment they told me I was in pre-term labor (100% effaced and 4 cm dialated). I had the baby that night. I had NO CLUE that I was in labor. I'd call your doctor.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yes, most women really are aware that they're laboring. This doesn't sound like labor, can you describe you pain more?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Call your doctor right now, please! It will put you more at east at the least.
    Anonymous

• I would call your doctor. Although yours doesn't sound like anything I experienced while in labor. When I went into labor with my first my water broke at 4:30 in the morning. It didn't gush or anything just a trickle down my leg when I got up to use the bathroom so I just went back to bed. Much later on I was awakened by some pain in my back and stomach and then went to the hospital sometime after that. But at first I just wasn't sure if all that was labor. Sometimes it is hard to tell at first.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2009