Hypospadias

Does anyone else have a baby with this problem my son was born with it and they found it when they did his circumsision, it is a stage one so the hole itself is actually in the right place its just bigger than normal, he is going in for his 6 month check up and thats when they are supposed to refer him to a urologist does anyone know what to expect?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • When my son was born and they went to do the circ they stopped mid circ and said they could not continue because they believe it to be a hypospadius. We made appt to see a Urologist at CHOP right away. It turned out it was not quite a hypospadius but it was a mege meatus. WHich means that hole is in the right spot its just that the opening is bigger than normal. My pedi calls it a "version of normal". it is however considered a birth defect and I am really unsure how he got it. It does not run in my side or my husbands. BTW they did the circ on my son the day after the urologist saw him. The urologist will tell you if your baby will need surgery or not. Mine did not for now but that doesnt mean later on he may not need it. As they get older you kind of need to make sure they are peeing in a striaght like because in many of these cases as these kids get older and are potty trained they end up peeing on their shoes!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Thank you so much for answering my question I actually have never heard of that before so I looked it up online and found some pictures of it and I think this maybe what he has, because like I said the hole itself is not in the wrong place but just larger than normal, again thank you, I can now bring this up at his 6 month check up
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2009