Would you ask for donations on line?

I know some are afraid of links but this is important. It is for real.   http://www.gofundme.com/  Just saw it on my local news station

sunshine196

Asked by sunshine196 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• It was horrible. The worst part is that they never found the person responsible. They hit him and left him on the side of the road to die in a ditch. Like an animal. His recovery has been nothing less than miraculous. I think a lot of it has to do with his positive attitude, but there were many blessed people looking after him. Thanks.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:06 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Probably not. I have a family member that was in a hit and run while riding his bike. One of their friends started a gofundme acct. His medical bills are upward of $750,000 so far and he is lucky to be alive. They have been fortunate to get the support of their state and community in helping pay his medical debt.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:52 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• It is so hard to understand how someone could do that and just keep on going.
    Blessing on you and yours quinny I am glad he is mending.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2013

• No. I have a very hard time with my personal information being "out there". I know it is, I am not that stupid. I just don't want to give anyone any more help than I have to
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• Yes. I would. I may start one for my broken clitoris.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:09 AM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I think it might be a worthwhile tool to help raise money, especially for something a great number of people over a wide area would be interested in.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:25 AM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I think the issues with gofundme is that they hold your money for a certain amount of time. So if it is truly a tragic thing and you need some kind of funding right now it's not the best tool. I think they do like a 45 day fundraising and after that amount of time they release the total amount to you.
    As for y family member, he (BIL) is walking and has been released from his trauma physicians already. He lost several months of work, but they were great in keeping his job for him. He had massive internal injuries and he was touch and go for the first week or so.
    I think it all depends on what you are raising money for.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:19 AM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I'm glad he is on the mend . That is just horrible. Hugs
    sunshine196

Comment by sunshine196 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• QuinnMae hang in there I'm sure you share the reason he is hanging in there. Much love.
    sunshine196

Comment by sunshine196 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Mar. 1, 2013

• At the moment will keep trying through my banks, I have been successful so far in other areas, will keep trying on the last leg, financing.
    sunshine196

Comment by sunshine196 (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2013