Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Grandson has been diagnosed with ADHD--his medicine is about to run out. I need to contact a good child physcholgist in my area. Can anyone help me???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (2)
  • my son go to mental health and there a doctor there that gve him his meds or ask your doctor they will help u out

    Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

  • If money is a problem, you might want to check with your County Mental Services agency (as noted above.) Sometimes they offer lower income families free or very reduced cost medical care. If you just need a prescription, you could get your existing doctor to write one, or you could try the "doc-in-a box." The doc-in-a-box are retail-store based clinics they have at some pharmacies, like CVS. They can write prescriptions for your child for about $50. These are also good for strep, measles, stuff that is easily diagnosed. Take the prescription to Walmart, and you can save money on the doctor and the meds (assuming you don't have insurance.) Save your receipt and you may be able to deduct this from your taxes. If you don't have CVS, search Google for pharmacies in your area that offer this. If money is too tight, while you save $, jogging before and after school. Prayer.

    Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 12:48 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.