Sometimes our children's world really scares me!

My stepson is chatting on the computer with a girl whose house is on the same street where his mom lives. She's telling him a neighbor of theirs got the police called on him yesterday for taking pictures of her and some other kids at the bus stop, kids he had no reason to be photographing. It's scary, especially since he had a sign in his front window at one point proclaiming himself a peeper. Sometimes the worry of what kind of future I'm sending my kids into makes me ill.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:06 PM on Mar. 2, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Shit like that happened when I was a kid too. It happened when my parents were kids. I remember my dad talking about some weirdos who were on his walk to school. He felt he had to protect his sisters. Of course, my grandfather was a very imposing presence and once he heard about the freaks, he walked my dad and his sisters to school for a few days and they were never bothered again.

My friend and I had a man try to take our pictures (allegedly for a newspaper story) when I was 7 or 8. We ran to my house and told my mom. She asked us to show her where the man was so we pointed him out. Dad came home from work and marched up the street to "chat" with the guy. There have always been weirdos and there always will be. It's how we protect our kids that matters.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Well if parents know he's a creep and they aren't protecting their kids to bad. And that's bs, if you are in the public you can take pictures of whomever you want. So whatever.

funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:14 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• .
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• there is a man hanging around one of our public parks here that supposedly hides in the bushes and masturbates while he watches the children play on the playgrounds. fucking psycho.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I, for one, wouldn't want some stranger at a bus stop photographing my kids.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Mar. 3, 2013