Calling out other countries while we're sinking

Glancing through the top headlines, and first are all the stories about the shutdown, all the people who will lose their jobs, all the people who will be at risk as resources are stopped.

Just below that:

Egypt needs to fix economy, strike IMF deal-Kerry

How are we (or specifically John Kerry) in any position to dictate what other nations should do about their economy when ours is so spectacularly ruined right now?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• That's a damn good question. And, part of why the US is viewed by many as a nation of hypocrites.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I think doing so makes us look like bloody fools. I'm sorry, but if I lived in another country and the US told said country that we need to fix our economy, I think I'd either lmao or I'd tell them to get the fuck out of our business and mind their own.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I would have to read the entire story in context but it would with that one line only make me wonder why we are worrying about them right now. Of course the story on my fromnt page yesterday was about the aid we are sending to Syria.

Oh wait and Obama declaring he is not a dictator lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Pretty sad, isn't it??
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:54 PM on Mar. 2, 2013