My grandson has been diagnosed with ADHD he had been living in Pottstown PA with his mom and now they live in Northampton PA with me. I need a name of a good child phsychologist that can help him

mum-mum-kim

Asked by mum-mum-kim at 7:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Health

• I don't know of any - sorry - but I was born in Pottstown PA! I know it may be far, but try CHOP (Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania) - they may be able to recommend someone.
    My son has ADHD as well - I can't remember where we went ( this was years ago) - but I think where we went was some satellite office of CHOP in King of Prussia.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Just curious why he would need a phsy if he has ADHD? My son aslo has it but, he didnt need that type of doctor.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Mys son is taking metadate and it has worked wonders for him. He went from making f's and d's to A/b honor roll and has a diff attitude as well! He has support from family and the school as well.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• They may need the psychologist consult to confirm the diagnosis and to rule out any behavior disorders. That's what happened in my son's case.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2009