Find any good deals on food lately?

Grocery store or restaurants. Either one is fine.

Food is so expensive, I don't like spending the cash on it :( So sad!

We went to BK last night. Whoppers were 2 for 5.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:12 PM on Mar. 2, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Don't eat outside.... that's always going to save you money. But your meat in bulk, if you can. I buy chicken and ground beef at Sam's. When I get home I divide the ground beef into pound bags and freeze them. I separate the chicken into two breasts and freeze them too. Then I have convenient sizes for meals. I'm not really into shopping around for frozen meals. Those are not healthy for you. There is nothing easier than throwing chicken in the crock pot and having it ready in time for dinner IMO.

If you do have to eat out, take water over soda.... that will save you a little money as well.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• LOL Staci! Yes, your meals would get wet and cold!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• LOL, that would totally suck...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• We don't eat out often so I have no idea on restaurants.
    My DH is a better cook, lol

We do our main grocery shopping at WinCo and buy all of our meat at the meat market.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I made 3 meals out of that whopper. We go to a Chinese buffet every couple months but that's it for restaurants.

I won't eat outside mavi, my food would get wet and i would be cold!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I just got 80/20 hamburger for $2 a pound. Where I am, that's a good price. Not great, but good
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 7:18 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• McNasty's is offering 2 fish sandwiches thru Lent for only $3.89- competing with Arby's 2 fish sandwiches for $4.00. Little Caesars has a Hot & Ready pepperoni pizza for $5.00. Taco Bell has the party box w/ 12 Tacos for $10.00. We don't eat out that much, but there are always options available should the need arise. :p

At the grocery store, Meijer just ran a 10 for $10 mix & match deal w/ the 11th item free.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• God no! between $90 at the gas pump and $150 at the grocery store I am totally freaked out about how expensive everything is.....
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 3, 2013