Missed period and lump in armpit?

tI am 5 days late on my period and I also have a small lump under my arm. I am not sure if they are related, but I am a bit worried. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms simultaneously?

EDIT- The lump is slightly painful. i just noticed it last night and it seems to have grown a bit. I may just be freaking myself out.

UPDATE- I went to the Dr yesterday. I am not pregnant. The lump is some  kind of ingrown hair far below the surface of my skin filled with sebum etc. The Dr. gave me antibiotics. Thanks for all your help and support.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Mar. 2, 2013 in Health

• Just checking with you to see if you went to the Dr. Hope all is well!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I got those when I was pregnant. It was breast tissue in my case but I would still suggest you seek medical advice
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:15 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• If the lump is still there on Monday, make an appointment with your Dr immediately!
    I really don't think the two are related.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:29 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Nope get it checked
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:32 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• It's probably nothing but call Monday and make an appointment.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Yes, anytime you find a lump under your arm pits and breast area, it is a sign that something could be wrong. I don't want to scare you, but it's better to be safe and have it checked.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Well, keep in mind that pregnancy = hormonal changes which is what was happening with me. You could be having some other hormonal issues that are causing this. So, off to the doctor you go!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Keep us posted! Thoughts are with you.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Could the lump mean something serious?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Is the lump painful or red? And how close to the surface of the skin is it? It may just be a infected hair follicle, which would probably starting improving in a day or so. If it persist definitely see a doctor, because he are only ones who can give you a diagnosis.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2013