Do you ever think about making a preperation kit in case of emergency?

Or have you already? Like if you had to leave your home quickly because of a storm or for longer or hunker down.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 4:05 PM on Mar. 2, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I have an emergency bag in each room. one packed for me and one for each of my daughters.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I always think about it but have not put any effort to make it happen. :-(
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I have one in my car and an Earthquake kit in the garage. Who knows if it's enough but I hope it'll sustain us for awhile.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Back when I was an EMT, I used to carry a jump kit in my car. I need to purchase a new one. That's about as good as I get.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:16 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• i have an emergency kit for tornadoes, not in case we have to leave fast. its a small red box and i keep matches, a couple flashlights, a multi-tool, a first aid kit, some warming packets, and a bag of trail mix in it. i keep it in the closet that we use when the sirens sound. i also bring our lock box in the closet...it has all our important papers in it. i dunno why i do it. as DH always points out if we actually need any of that stuff we'd have been hit and the kit would be all over the place haha.

i also occasionally assess our stuff to kinda lay out in my mind what stuff i'd grab first if we had only a few minutes to leave.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I am always prepared to a certain degree. We have lots of water stored , a generator, canned goods, flashlights, and batteries, a small radio. Stuff like that.

In the car I have an emergency kit with jumper cables, a flash light and batteries, emergency blanket, and first aid kit.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Yeah all the time. I'd personally like to be able to build a storm/bomb shelter underground but don't have the land or the funds. I think it's even more important to teach our kids and family how to survive in the wilderness and with little food and water. This is good for kids being lost, kidnapped, etc too. Just learning to improvise is a great skill. Emergency drills should also be practiced. Keep an alternative communications plan (how to contact family etc), figure out driving routes for evacuation, etc, closest shelters, list of essentials to take with you should you have to evacuate, plans for pet care and supplies, medications, portable propane heaters, LED lamps, hand crank radios/lamps/chargers...i could go on and on lol
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Yes I do think about it. Haven't done it yet.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2013