baby shower with second pregnancy?

There is another question about this...and it is something i had been wondering...When I worked some of the women in the company said things like you shouldn't have a shower for your 2nd or 3rd child and so on...I guess my question is should I have a shower for my 2nd? My daughter is almost 7 so they are going to be pretty far apart...What do ya'll think? I know I sure don't have any of the baby stuff left over from when my daughter was a baby...I figured it would be appropriate since they were so far apart...but heck I don't know.

Carli26

Asked by Carli26 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a babyshower should be a celebration of a child. i think that no matter what pregnacy it is, there should still be a baby shower for it have a baby shower and enjoy it momma
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• it doesn't matter what number of pregnancy you're in. you're pregnant which means you need baby stuff even though it's just plain diapers and baby wipes. have the baby shower and enjoy the presents!!! :)
    rgie_wermager

Answer by rgie_wermager at 7:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Go for it, I don't see anything wrong with it!! I had a baby shower with my second pregnancy, I was having a boy and I had a 3 year old daughter. I had given away almost all of the baby stuff I had, I gave them to a friend who needed them really bad.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• where i live moms typically only have a baby shower for their first baby.
    i had one for my second, though and i agree that it's a celebration of the new life. it shouldn't matter what number!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't mind more than one shower as long as there is a significant age difference, or if it is more of a welcome baby shower.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had baby showers with all 3 of my girls. The older two were 3 years apart and when my youngest was born they were 9 and 6. Trust me,I had to start all over LOL_
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 8:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I am having a baby shower with this one...i didnt have one with my first though...and i wasnt expecting to get pregnant again so i got rid of alot of my baby stuff from my son..i say go for it :):)
    youngmum1234

Answer by youngmum1234 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had a shower for my 2nd but only because my first 2 kids were 9 yrs apart. I have had a 3rd and didn't have one nor will I have one for my 4th.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• my son is 3, i will have my second boy in apr. yes have another shower.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• What? No baby shower? I don't understand that philosophy. Go for it! Celebrate! And get much needed baby gear for your new pumpkin.
    My son will just be 15 months when his new sibling gets here, and I still plan to have a baby shower.. in fact, 2! One on the east coast with my family and one on the west with my husband's!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 16, 2009