Does anyone know about Shingles?

Does anyone have any experience with or information about shingles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Health

• I can't think what it was people do about a rooster and blood that say it works to cure shingles?
    Anonymous

• Shingles is caused by a virus called Herpes Zoster. After you have the chickenpox the virus goes into a dormancy in your body. Not everyone who has has chickenpox gets shingles.Unfortunately there is not cure. Break outs can, and usually are, extremely painful. Sometimes with a rash and sometimes not. The virus lives at the nerve root and exarcerbates to the nerve end resulting in the rash and pain. Mostly older adults get it and people who have weakened immune systems are at risk at any age., Treatment usually consists of steroids to reduce swelling and may help heal the break out. Pain meds are often needed to manage the pain.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Do you think you have it? Its the same virus that is akin to chicken pox in children, although I had CP when I was about 4, then I had shingles when I was 12, then again a couple of years ago (at 46). Weird! I thot I was dying. I couldn't describe the pain and I couldn't say exactly where the pain was coming from. A couple of days later I had a rash on my back and asked the GYN what it was. I happened to have an appoint. at that time for my reg. yearly visit. She almost fell over and said OMG you have shingles! She gave me Valtrex (sp?), and man it stopped it right away. I'd swear by the med. I was very thankful. No scars either, this time.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Thanks. I was just diagnosed with it. My outbreak was on one side of my tushy (LOL!) so I went to the GYN. He told me it was shingles and I was shocked! He prescribed Valtrex also. Although I think that's causing depression so I'm not sure I want to keep taking it. I've broken out in this same spot for about the last year. Is there anything else that can be done to lessen the outbreaks?
    Anonymous

• there are a few meds they can describe to help with it, but some don't work quite as well as other so i'd just talk to your doc and tell them whats going on and see if there's something else they want you to try.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My mom gets them occasionally. She never had pox, but got the vax back in 1998...now she gets shingles. hers are normally on her neck. I know they give her steroids, and something else.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My husband and I both got the shingles vaccination, but it is supposed to be only 50% effective.

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• The valtrex should take care of it. I'm not completely certain how it works, but I know that it does. I started getting fever blisters a few years ago after I had moved my grandmother into our home and cared for her for almost a year. She got cold sores badly. I was the only one in my home to start getting them. Not even my husband got it (from me.) Anyway, they started getting really bad when I would have an outbreak, so now when I take a Valtrex at the first sign, it goes away in a few days versus a 2 week outbreak that is very embarrassing. People look at a cold sore like "Yuck!" Or at least it feels that way.

The point being that taking the Valtrex should take care of this and keep it at bay for a good long time. Are you on steroids too? That might be making you feel depressed. I've never had any prob. with Valtrex, but steroids will kill a body. <---that's what my pediatrician used to say. LOL
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Thank you everyone. I'm going to make an appt. with my primary doctor and talk to him about the options. I'm not on steroids and the outbreak isn't too bad, so I think I'll skip that route, lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• The blood of a chicken CAN cure shingles. So can human blood. In Ireland people cut their finger and smear the blood onto the shingles lesions of suffereres. It is dramatically successful. Essentially they are putting white blood cells and a whole lot of other immune system components like interferon, interleukins and even red blood cells (which have an immune role) onto the surface. These stimulate the immune system of the sufferer to cure the condition itself.

It is much more effective than anti-viral drugs. Essentially it is chemotherapy - try buying the above natural biochemicals in a pharmacy!!

The blood of a chicken, rooster or a black cat also contain white blood cells and other immune biochemicals!! The rest is obvious!!

See www.bloodcureforshingles.com if you want more information.
    moloneyg

Answer by moloneyg at 5:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2009