How to curb your sweet tooth?

I have such a sweet tooth that it drives me crazy. I'm trying to lose weight and I'm having such a hard time doing it because I will give in. My husband said I have no self control when there are sweets in the house so we try not to have any. What will help curb my sweet tooth? It seem's 10 times worse after I had my last child.

summernight

Asked by summernight at 7:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Health

• Don't keep sweets in the house, and allow yourself something special each week on a certain day. That may help. I have a huge sweet tooth, too!
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 12:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• This is what I do to keep from snacking alot whether it's sweets or other snacks. (I have a big sweet tooth also and I love baking which makes it even harder.) I chew alot of gum, drink alot of water. and brush my teeth alot. If I want something sweet and have to have something, a banana and a small glass of skim milk with Nestle Quick powder (has less sugar than syrup) really satisfies my sweet tooth and it 's not as bad as eating something sugary.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I allow myself a small amount of a sweet when I am really craving them. I do much better with portion control than totally not having them.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Try just a bite of chocolate or sweet, and then brush your teeth. Sweet and toothpaste don't mix
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 9:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2009