Same sex dating

I am a 28 year old mom of 2 preschoolers and I have been single for about 4 years. I haven't really dated at all since i broke up with their dad. He was a terrible boyfriend and we fought a lot. i have been happier then ever for the most part. I am pretty laid back and shy. My kids dad sees them regularly and is a very good dad. I have recently developed feelings for another woman. I have aklways been attracted to woman and never hid that fact, but I don't have any experience with woman. I think she is also attracted to me, but I don't know what to do. She has told me many times that she won't be the one to make the first move in a relationship, but I don't know if she is attracted to woman. Any advice is welcome, thanks 😊

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Mar. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• Ask her out to dinner and see where it leads.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Best thing to do is be upfront and just tell her. "Are you into females?"

Answer by louise2 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I agree with PMSMom. If you take her out to dinner, you can kinda work the conversation around to whether she likes women or not. That way, you won't be putting yourself out there and then end up hurt.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Is there any way you can get her to talk about past relationships?  Perhaps talk about your ex and casually say, uh,I'm switching teams! 

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 6:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Mixed signals is the worst you can do. Be honest, say I am really attracted to you but not sure how you feel about me, but if you feel the same as I do, then would you be interested in going out and seeing if it leads to anything more than just a friendship? Good Luck and hope it works out for you.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 8:53 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I would just ask her. I don't like playing games and hinting around.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:09 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Invite her to lunch or dinner and get to know each other.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• It is not fair to have sex with same gender.
    Anonymous

• What's not fair about it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• The problem I see about just coming out with it is if she's not interested in girls, then it gets awkward, and the friendship suffers. I think if you want to keep her as a friend, you need to find out if she is even interested in dating girls. If you two go out to dinner, or something and you casually let it be known that you are interested in dating girls, I would think she would say something about what her interests are.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:50 AM on Mar. 3, 2013