Is it possible to make money reselling things on Craigslist???

My next door neighbor is constantly selling things on Craigslist that he either got for free or got on clearance someplace and then sells for twice what he paid or even buys things on craigslist and then sells for more than he paid for it. Now he is starting to build things and selling them online.

So it got me thinking- why can't I do the same thing??? But really how feasible is it?? Was thinking I could find some affordable things at the thrift store or clearance at Target or something and then reselling them. Is this worth it?? Anyone do this?? What kinds of things are best to buy and then sell?  We seriously need extra cash and I can't work a second job with our schedule the way it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Mar. 2, 2013 in General Parenting

• A friend of mine spends 1-2 days a week collecting things form freecycle and then turns around and sells them once a month at a table at the local flea market. *she says* that after the extra gas she still makes between $100-$300 a month off of it. I dunno though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• I've considered doing this too... Craigslist free sections is full of great finds, especially easily fixable furniture. Check out thrift stores and garage sales too. It wouldn't hurt to try it out.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:43 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• If you have the time to invest, you can make money.
    One mans junk is another mans treasure. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Yes, but only if you have the time and storage place. I don't have the patience. A teen saved up enough money to buy a house through this.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/13/mini-mogul-14-year-old-girl-buys-foreclosed-house-in-florida/

I've seen regulars on craiglist resell free stuff all the time. It is definitely a good idea for teens and stay at home moms. Just don't invite strangers into your home. Meet them in public places or have someone else there with you.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:22 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• yes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:28 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Maybe. I can't imagine having all that extra crap around my house though, or dealing with Craigslist people.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:07 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Yes especially if have good things to sell and put alot of time into finding the best items.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• It's best to go to yard sales and pick up things you can fix up, repaint, etc. Yard sales are great because things are usually cheap. You are not supposed to resale things you get off freecycle.

Answer by missanc at 10:19 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• You have to do many, many transactions, either that or have rare and valuable items, in which case there are probably better places to sell.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2013