For Those Non Believers (you know who you are)

Why post so much negativity toward the believers?

Does another person's belief in something bigger than themselves really bother you that much?

Wanting to educate and debate are one thing but the constant put-down of what someone else believes in questions and in the answers is getting old.

While you are preaching all over Cafemom how believers are arrogant and hypocritical and believe themselves as self-righteous, the majority of the posts that would be construed as such are made by non believers; whereas the believers are the ones stressing peaceful coexistence.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Mar. 3, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I totally get what your saying and in all honesty I rarely come in here because their is a constant bashing of various beliefs that I am a little sick and tired of. Good for you for speaking out and it usually is the same people that do the constant bashing of other religions.
    Anonymous

• What's a non-believer? Surely you're not suggesting that only people who practice your religion believe in anything? Why do you use a lie (non-believer) when the real word you mean is "non-Christian" or "non-Abrahamic"?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:25 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• As a believer it is my experience that the only negativity that I see is directed at ATTITUDES, not beliefs. Hence what you in the responses here...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• I notice the questions I asked are not being answered. This shows avoidance. Avoidance shows guilt. Guilt shows that you know what you are doing is wrong.

Check and Mate!

No, what you notice is you aren't being taken seriously. We aren't avoiding you, we just don't give a damn about your opinion or satiating your curiosity. If anyone thought for a second that this question was sincere and not troll bait, they'd have a discussion with you. You are given as much respect as you've earned. By blanket insulting an entire group of people, you're in the negative so far, sweetie.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:06 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Good for you for speaking out???

She's anon! To me that's not speaking out, that's hiding out!
    I'm not ashamed to say I'm a Christian nor am I threatened by those who aren't.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• So pointing out there there is absolutely no scientific proof of a Biblical God is "putting down"?
    And, stating that our country's laws should not be based on the Bible & the the US was not founded as a Christian nation is, what?, restricting religious freedoms?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:37 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Why aren't you "owning" this post if you are so confident in your beliefs?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:51 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• I use the term non-believer because that is what I mean. Someone who does not believe in a higher being.

So you equate not believing in a higher being with not believing in anything? For someone who is so adamant about one group insulting another, you're doing a hell of a job of it yourself.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Would this post make more of a point if you knew my Cafemom screenname?

No, but it would clarify if you are an actual new member, who therefore does not understand what the word "non-believer" means, or if you're a long time troll who knows damn well since that conversation has been hashed out here dozens of times over through the years. Being new and not knowing you're being insulting is far different than being around a while and knowing damn well you're being insulting.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:11 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• "While you are preaching all over Cafemom how believers are arrogant and hypocritical and believe themselves as self-righteous, "OP
    Hate to break this to you OP, but there are believers out there in the world that think they are exactly that. Rev Jesse Jackson and Rev Al Sharpton are the biggest hypocritical assholes out there. Then you have the televangelists. They claim to spread God's work, they claim to be Christians, but yet they are rich, they own large properties, luxury cars, and various transportation vehicles such as private aircraft or ministry aircraft. Yup got to love those Christians...And as far as they are concerned, they are the higher power.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:04 AM on Mar. 3, 2013