my ear hurts please help!!!

earlier today i felt pressure in my left ear later that night i went to bed then i woke up around 4:30am because the pain is unbearable i have tried hot towels and ibuprofen and i cant go to the doctor because tomorrow is sunday and they are closed.i really need help i am really sleepy.

alexa828

Asked by alexa828 at 6:07 AM on Mar. 3, 2013 in Health

• Can you go to Urgent Care? Warm compresses are my only advice.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Try putting a few drops of alcohol or vinegar mixed with water in your ear. My DH has had many ear infections even as an adult and his ear drum has ruptured many times. An ENT doctor gave him this advice and it's been 10 years without an infection.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• If there is an urgent care clinic in your area go there. I hesitate to say ER because of all of the illness going around. Call your doctor. Also maybe the pharmacist can offer suggestions. Some stores around here have "minute clinics" where they can see you for some problems. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• My dad always used to put warmed up sweet oil in my ear when it hurt. You put in a couple of the warmed up liquid in your ear and hold it in with a cotton ball. It worked to dull the pain until I could get to the doc.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2013