Legoland Florida - worth it?

We homeschool, and Legoland Florida offers a few select days when homeschooling families can go at a steep discount.

But...we live about 2 hours away (80+) miles, and would have to buy food while there, and pay for parking and of course, probably some souvenirs. Even with the steep discount, I figure I'm probably still looking at $150 minimum.

So what I'm wondering is, is it really worth it? I *think* my kids would love it, but I'd hate to drive all that way and spend so much money to have it only be a so-so experience for them, or worse, a total disappointment.

wendythewriter

Asked by wendythewriter at 10:24 AM on Mar. 3, 2013 in Entertainment

• we went to the one in Chicago, after my mom suggested it ( she wient with my niece and 3 nephews ages 5-15) they all oved it and when we took our 4 year old she loved it as well. If its the same, they have a play area, tons of exhibits and a lego building area that is fun too.

I would go back if we were there again
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:13 AM on Mar. 3, 2013

• It is definitely geared towards kids under 12. We have been twice. There are also coupons out for buy the adult ticket kids get in free (but that's if you pay full price). My kids really enjoyed it. The food is much less expensive than Disney and Sea World. We never had to wait very long for the rides. And the best part......they don't mark up Legos! They are the same price as at Walmart, but a huge selection. If your kids are over 12, they probably won't enjoy it as much. Plus you get to see the old gardens and they are so beautiful, so you will get some education in there too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• One is 9, the other just turned 12. They both want to go. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be one of those things where we think it'll be this really awesome experience and it turns out to be a total let down.
    wendythewriter

Comment by wendythewriter (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• We took the kids(2 & 7) last year they both loved it and want to go back.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2013