What is a great way to tell a man you want to earn his respect back?

i lost my self respect doing something stupid i wanna earn it back what is a good way to say to him i want to earn his respect back? i plan on textin it becuase hes at work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• That's a very important thing to talk about. Way too important for a text, imo. Why not text him and ask if you can talk later?
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 12:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• thank you :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• First, I agree that a text is inappropriate. Second, it depends much on what happened. Sometimes there is no going back
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Do NOT text it. Talk to him. And tell him EXACTLY what you wrote here. "I did something stupid and I want to earn your respect back."

Nothing cutesy, no beating around the bush. Be DIRECT. That's the first way to earn respect; people don't like folks who waste their time in getting to a point.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• CONVERSATION.
    Have some respect for yourself, others will not need to be convinced.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• I agree with the others that that is not something for a text. It is something the two of you need to sit down and talk about. And, in my experience, once people see that you respect yourself, they begin to respect you more as well.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• I agree that texting to ask if you two can talk would be the thing to do, if you are going to text at all.

I have to say, it wouldn't occur to me to tell someone I want to earn back his respect! My thought would be to focus on expressing my own thoughts & feelings--whatever regret or embarrassment I feel, what I wish I'd done differently, my honest feelings about the consequences (what I might have lost or jeopardized with this action), what my intentions are as of now. Not focus on the other person, or on trying to change/influence his feelings. My focus would be on the situation and my own assessments.
    It is not about trying to "get him" to change his mind or give a second chance; it is about acknowledging the situation, being honest about my feelings in response, and taking action.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• No text. Talk in words. Face to face. Apologize and let the man know how you believe your actions have hurt him; acknowledge that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Impulse control. No texting. Have a conversation.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2013