how to make deviled eggs?

My husband just asked me to make some, but um I don't know how...Do you and would you share with me?

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 8:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Well, you hard boil the eggs, then you half them. Get the yolks out and put them in a bowl. Add some mayo or Miracle Whip (my preference), some salt and pepper, and paprika, and maybe a little bit of mustard and mix that stuff up really good. Then put that back into the halved eggs, and garnish with a bit of paprika on top :) Good luck!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Boil the eggs, Slice the egga in half and take the yellow parts out and put them in a bowl together. Take some mayonnaise and mix it in with them, not too much to make them runny but not too less to make it taste bitter. Take some sweet pickles in a can that are already chopped up and put a spoon or more (depending on how much your making) and chop some dill pickles and add them too. Mix it all together and spoon them back in to the egg halves and refrigerate...You can make them different ways though, You don't have to add the pickles or you can put some spice on them but that's the basics..It's really easy.
    Anonymous

• Hard cook the eggs, peel them, and cut them in half lengthwise. Put the yolks in a small bowl and mash with a fork. For a dozen eggs, add about a teaspoon of salt, a couple teaspoons of sugar, and a couple tablespoons of vinegar. Mix together and taste. You want a tart taste and spreading consistency. Add more vinegar if necessary. With a knife, spread the mixture into the shells. This is an old recipe that my family has always used, and there are never any deviled eggs left when we take it to pot lucks.

Answer by Bmat at 8:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• The only thing I'd add is that put the yolk mixture in a pastry bag or a plastic bag with a corner snipped off to put them back into the shells. It's prettier than spooning.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 8:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I put the eggs in cold water (1 inch to cover) bring to a boil, then put a lid on it and shut the burner off. Set timer for 11 minutes. Take eggs out with tongs, crack on the side of a bowl (makes it easier to peel) and put them in an ice bath to cool. You can add all the stuff above or whatever you like after you peel and take the yolks out.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I make mine like prettyrayray. MMMMMMMMMMMMMmm . . . . Deviled eggs . . yummy yummy in my tummy!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I boiled the eggs cut them in half and put the yolks in a bowl. We add vinegar, mayo, and mustard to taste. Then add salt, pepper- again to taste. I top mine with Old Bay, gives it a slightly different taste but not so much, my anal MIL noticed.
    My2BoyznMe0508

Answer by My2BoyznMe0508 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• well, here is my answer- use eggs that are at least 2 weeks old so they will peel easy, put into a pot of water to cover, bring to a boil and turn down to low right away and cover for 6 inutes. immidiately put pan in the sink and run cold water. when they are cool enough to peel, do so. Cut in 1/2 lengthwise. put yolks into a ziplock baggie and add a bit of mayo, mustard and saly ....mush it up (kids like this part) snip the end and refill the whites. some add relish and / or onions.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have to agree with chefjen...older eggs are MUCH easier to peel. I like to add just a smidge of pickle relish and sprinkle paprika on top. Also....a little bit of apple cider vinegar to mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2009