Ladies help me to understand this situation?

My dh side of the family are having a family reunion in Austin TX. We live in Baton Rouge LA.
My step kids live in LA well my dh wants to take his kids (dd21 & ds19) with us which is understandable its a family reunion. OK my dh doesn't see them often bc they live with their mother and while they are with her they do what they want when they want but are good kids at least when they come over which isn't often.

Well my dh wants to do something special after the reunion like do something with just us and his kids (we have 2 kids as well).

My problem is he wants to take them with us but since his kids have a job & have their vehicle he needs to bring them back home and drive to LA from TX and right back to TX so they won't be joining us after the reunion.

I don't understand why they can't drive their vehicle to TX and drive themselves back home to LA.

Why does my dh feel he has to drive them back they are adults I feel like its too much driving back & forth I tell him this and he just simply ignores me. He's my dh and want him with us but if he feels he has to do this which I think it's stupid so be it but what can I do I surely don't want to drive them back...ugh!

Help just venting...

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2013 in Travel

• They should drive their own car & your DH should volunteer to pay for the gas.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• maybe he wants to spend as much time as possible with them
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• THere's no logic to it in my head, so ask him again, "Why do you need to drive them back and forth? They can drive themselves. Is there something I'm missing?"

If he ignores you, then you have a MUCH bigger problem here than the drive. Real Men don't ignore their wives.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Is their car not reliable, or are they not very experienced drivers? Could he be thinking its dangerous for them to be on the road like that for some reason? Legally, they are adults but they aren't very old. Have they shown poor judgment in the past where they might do something stupid, or rash, and get into trouble? Im a mom with kids around that age, and Im trying to think what would be going through my head in this situation. This is all I can come up with, except maybe he wants time with just them... There isn't anything wrong with that. We all want to spend some one on one time with our kids at different times.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I would try to talk to him again and let him know how much this is really bothering you. He should take your opinion into consideration at least...
    princesskt

Answer by princesskt at 12:40 AM on May. 1, 2013